JEBMH is a national journal publishing research from India. The aim of this journal is to publish articles relevant to medical field which follow the principles of ‘Evidence Based Medicine’. To authors who wish to publish articles in this journal, we would like to explain briefly about ‘Evidence based Medicine’ so that they can verify whether their research paper fits into the scope of this journal.
Evidence based medicine emphasises on practicing medicine based on evidence derived from well designed and well conducted research. It not only helps in treating an individual patient more effectively but also in forming policies related to healthcare which influences an entire community. It also helps in creating effective teaching programmes for medical students and Continued Medical Education (CME) programmes for medical professionals. Evidence based medicine reduces, variations in medical practice among medical practitioners, errors in clinical reasoning, lacunae in evidence, weaknesses in decision making and unnecessary procedures. Evidence-based medicine is a set of principles and methods intended to ensure that to the greatest extent possible, medical decisions, guidelines, and policies are based on and consistent with good evidence of effectiveness and benefit.
Level I: Evidence obtained from at least one properly designed randomized controlled trial.
Level II-1: Evidence obtained from well-designed controlled trials without randomization.
Level II-2: Evidence obtained from well-designed cohort or case-control analytic studies, preferably from more than one center or research group.
Level II-3: Evidence obtained from multiple time series designs with or without the intervention. Dramatic results in uncontrolled trials might also be regarded as this type of evidence.
Level III: Opinions of respected authorities, based on clinical experience, descriptive studies, or reports of expert committees.
2. Average time from submission to final decision is 60 days. Time from acceptance to publication is 50 days.
3. All articles will be checked for plagiarism with ithenticate. Authors are advised to make relevant references to material from which they have sourced while submitting articles.
4. JEBMH follows guidelines laid down by DOAJ, ICMJE, COPE and WAME.
5. Manuscript Assistance Service to authors who have studied English as a second language / authors who are new to publishing / doctors who are busy practitioners. We follow EMWA guidelines while providing this service.
6. Open Access - Full text of articles are available to visitors without login.
7. Published every week regularly.
8. Published in both online and print formats.
Teaching Faculty (Medical, Dental, Nursing and Allied Health Sciences), Doctors (All Specialities), Dentists (All Specialities), Nurses (OT, Labour Room, Emergency etc.), Technicians (OT, Labour Room, Laboratory, etc.), Epidemiologists, Medical Students, Dental Students, Students of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, and Basic Science Researchers.
1. Index Copernicus
3. Google Scholar